Saturday 21 September 2013

Gone To The Dogs

After a much needed break in Northumberland to watch the Great North Run you can strike up a fanfare. I've finally finished crocheting the baby pram blanket before the poor child reaches its 1st birthday



Sadly unless someone decides to raise a Goth Child and wants purple or black garments I'm never crocheting such an item ever again. Me, babies and white 4 ply wool do not a happy partnership make.
I've now started on a puppy blanket which I will probably finish in days given my mushy, broody disposition to pooches and their offspring.




It's a blue blanket (colour - hallelujah) for a black Lab puppy. I'd better get a shift on as I have no doubt he will grow at a rate of knots.
Alongside the blanket I'm also going to be knitting something from this stash of patterns......



I have a commission from my youngest client ever - she is 4, for 2 badgers in frocks......and I will be making a hell of a lot of chutney from these Fugly brutes....



I grew 3 different varieties of tomatoes this year and these Black Russians are the largest and thee most disappointing so into the pot they go. Hopefully the chutney will taste divine as I have enough of the bloomin things to make 4lb's of the stuff. Every recipe I've found contains onions and garlic which are 'banned' on my new FODMAP eating plan (yes, as a gluten and dairy free veggie I really need to exclude even more foods from my diet) but I'll eat it even if no one else does.

Although I hate the fact that fleas have a more hectic social life than me ( I live for my monthly WI meeting) it does mean I have loads of time to myself to be bored out of my tiny pink haired mind and therefore need to make stuff. Those 30+ UFO's should get finished in no time now that Autumn is on its way and the dark nights are rolling in.

No comments:

Post a Comment