Saturday 8 March 2014

These Boots Weren't Made For Walking

I have completed my 1st week as a full-time Dog Walker *fanfare* and my god I am not ashamed to admit that I feel very unfit and half dead. I made the enormous mistake of stepping out on day 1 in my trusty Barbour wellies which were never designed for covering the miles that I am tramping. I have now been reduced to wearing walking boots which pinch. Talk about badly prepared.

This was day 2 - Mud. Mud glorious Mud
I have now met all of my charges - most of which are bouncy Labradors. It's a wee bit of a shame that I have no 'Ninja' sized pooches to step out with but I can't complain. They all have totally different personalities and it's a joy to spend my day with bitches of the canine kind rather than the human kind. Everyone keeps telling me  I will soon be 'mega fit' - I bloody well hope so. I also hope I shift pounds and inches. On Thursday I walked 6.5 miles, yesterday a mad 8.5 miles and every muscle in my poor, battered body feels it. I come home looking like I've rolled in a pig sty and smelling like a kennel - it's wonderful - Kimi is not amused. 

In English that is 8.5 miles!!
Today I bought these in the hope that they save my souls


I've done no crafting what so ever this week as I barely have the energy to lift a mug of tea let alone a pair of knitting needles. Hopefully normality will resume tomorrow as I have loads to make. I did manage to crawl to the W.I. committee meeting but most evenings I'm dead to the world by 9.30pm. Bang goes my social life (which I never had anyway). I get to talk to my canine companions and that's what matters.

3 comments:

  1. Interesting (even just your "About Me" is interesting and entertaining) and certainly not jusy cake and crochet :) (Just visiting via your link in John's Going Gently blog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting place. Even just your "About me" is entertaining and interesting. Certainly not just cake and crochet (which is a plus :) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... What's also interesting is the silly software told me "Error 505 Your comment could not be pubished" first time, hence the (partial) repeat. Silly software did not realise I have special powers that laugh at error 505. Sorry for the 3 comments where 1 would have been quite sufficient :)

    ReplyDelete