Sunday 19 July 2015

For Whom the Bell Tolls

Sometimes life is a bitch. I have 6 weeks left in my perfect, much loved job (who knew that landfill could make a girl so happy). I'm quietly hoping that the mere child I'm filling in for decides not to return after the guys on site expressed how much they want me to stay. I may well cry. Anyway, I'm making the most of it. I love my job, I love going to work and it pains me to take any days holiday - when did anyone claim to be able to say that ! When life is this good grab what you can. 

In a week when the Foo Fighters announced they would play 2 dates to make up for their cancelled Wembley gigs (we had tickets) I had a bit of a romantic brainstorming moment. I decided that I would be a 21st century female and ask the bloke in my life to marry me. Not only that, I was going to do it at the Foo's gig during 'Everlong' assuming they played it of course. It was a perfect plan until I decided to contact the band via Twitter. I thought blocking my other half from seeing my stuff would keep it all secret but I hadn't counted on his phone alerts so the cat was well and truly out of the damned bag and running riot. It's given matters a kick up the arse I guess which is fine as we'd never planned on having a HUGE show offy, look at me in a vile white meringue frock kind of ceremony anyway. If funds permitted I would be on the 1st plane to Las Vegas to get hitched by a fake Elvis, but budget is the word of the day so it could be held in the Free From aisle at Tesco for all I care. People gave up asking if I was 'courting' donkeys years ago so I always felt like the lost cause. Therefore I won't feel guilty slinking off to do it on a whim. Who says these things have to take a year and 10's of thousands of pounds to plan?!


No comments:

Post a Comment