Thursday 7 March 2013

Bela Lugosi's Not Dead

He is alive - in the knitted sense of the word, and sitting on the kitchen table waiting for me to grow a pair of balls and embroider his face.



Here he is looking a bit bald and scary with a Jimmy Hill chin going on and freaking my BF out ! What a wimp.


That's 25" from the top of his head to the tip of his Gothy black painted toenails (only joking)


Now he has hair he reminds me of Pete Burns before he changed gender and got a trout pout. Seeing as I was very reluctant to take on this project I'm actually very pleased with him but I do still have to sew on his ears and embroider his facial features (Yikes!!) The person I've done him for is chuffed to bits with him so maybe this is my saving grace. I can crochet without looking but knitting requires a bit more concentration so I don't get to think about the all of the trash that's stressing me out at the moment (no job, endless applications, diabetic dog, car, van, blah, blah, blah). Knitting as Therapy Rocks. More Goth dolls are in the pipeline and I may even stick them on a well known handmade website. I do believe I've knitted my ideal man, maybe I can create somebody elses :)

No comments:

Post a Comment