Sunday 24 March 2013

Time For A Brew

As if I don't have enough unfinished craft projects lying around I decided yesterday to knit myself a hat seeing as the winter seems so reluctant to bog off. It's a tea cosy pattern (takes me back to tea at my Nan's) and I'm doing it in a host of rainbow colours cos I'm past caring how much of a tit I look 



I'm hoping to get it finished by tomorrow so at least I get to try it out in the arctic conditions when I'm out with the dogs. It's inspired me to recreate the stripey jumper I first knitted way back in the late 80's. It was perfect festival and 'alternative' lifestyle attire. You can just about see it in this rather awful picture 


That's me aged 19 at the 1988 Reading Festival. Ahh those were the days. Drinking cider, living on Pot Noodles and arriving home unwashed after 4 days in a field full of hippies.

3 comments:

  1. That looks awesome, I bet you'll get loads of wear from it if the weather continues to be as foul! Love the festie pic, roll on Summer! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's summer? It's been so long I've forgotten what it feels like. At this rate my entire wardrobe may be knitted :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you are blogging again. Your blogs always make me smile. Love your penguins - they are so cute.

    Regards
    Val

    ReplyDelete