Friday 23 October 2015

How the Other Half Dress

I had a moment this morning where I wished I was more glamorous. Thankfully it passed quickly. Picture the scene - I had nipped out to pick up my Fibro meds, a pre-ordered Xmas pressie (yeah, feel free to swat me) and 6 items from the supermarket and I couldn't be arsed to dress up for the occasion. No change there. As soon as I drove into the chemist car park I saw 'Her' tottering down the street and I glanced at myself and felt like a bag lady. For a tiny market town Lutterworth wins hands down where certain characters are concerned. The Lady in question is always dressed impeccably  - todays outfit, an ankle length skin tight dress, fancy black coat and a rather fetching furry Cossack hat + the obligatory full face of make-up and hooker heels which I couldn't stand up in let alone walk down the street in. But then I guess if I worked in a *massage parlour* that offered other nefarious services I wouldn't be dressed in holey leggings, a bleach splattered band t-shirt, a threadbare hoody that has accompanied generations of dogs to the Vets in times of stress (and been washed since) and my usual bovver boots! I'm no headturner even if I do make the effort so my everyday mantra is 'why bother' but I guess it would be nice every once in a while to look that swish. Then again I'd look like a bag of angry cats in that frock so I think I'll stick to my baggy crap clothing.


I managed to finish my latest crazy crochet project this week and I'm loathe to sit here doing bugger all so I'm starting on another one. You can never have too many blankets! I'm also going to Yarn Bomb my car and make a steering wheel cover. It may not stop there, I could end up covering the entire car.





No comments:

Post a Comment