Friday 15 February 2013

A Bit of Jam and Jerusalem

It's been one hell of a week. I turned 44 (whoopee doo) and took umbrage that certain people forgot but then I am always the idiot who remembers everyone elses special days weeks in advance so maybe I should knock that on the head and then I won't give a damn. I seem to have done nothing else but knit and stress about diabetic dog. We finally registered him with a 3rd Vet practise (must be a record in such a short time) and at last this bloke explained it all in simple terms and I'm no longer frantically running around the house waving a blood glucose monitor around in a state of panic. Timmy can have 1 blood test a month which will apparently map his glucose levels for the last 4 weeks  (technology astounds me) ! So no twice daily visits to the Vet which means no stress for him and no stress for me. Izzy has taken to eating memory foam after having her favourite dry dog food withdrawn as it's basically the worst crap either of them could eat, and me and the BF may well end up skinny (hurray) as we can't sit and eat anything 'snacky' without an audience and loads of guilt. I will have to lock myself in the wardrobe with a bar of Galaxy at this rate.
The Goth doll is almost completed and I'm actually really enjoying knitting it which comes as a bit of a surprise. There could be a business venture in there somewhere.




I'm planning a few more out of the book when this one is finished so watch this space. I also want to have a go at crocheting Owls. They appear to be highly fashionable at the moment so why not try and cash in on people liking the same thing for gawd knows what reason.

Last night I attended my first meeting as a fully paid up member of the Swinford Women's Institute and I bloomin well loved it. I am by a flying furlong the youngest member and all of the ladies took it in turn to pat my arm and tell me eagerly how glad they were that I'd joined! Most of the Wednesday craft club are members so it's a great way for me to get to know people now that the sad realisation I have no friends in close proximity has hit me. Everyone needs a cuppa and a gossip now and again. I have to drive about 100 miles if I plan on doing it which is a bit of a bugger. I have even put my name forward for their quiz team event in June - I'd better watch a lot of Eggheads and Mastermind to get in practise. That was the best thing about February 14th - can't be doing with mushy valentine's crap for the masses. I did get given a bag of chocs on the 13th. I've never had a card in my life. The BF had one from the dog + a Pot Noodle (don't ask) and diabetic dog and his beloved exchanged cards (they both write very well for dogs). Now that my every waking moment isn't consumed with lancets and insulin doses I can kick back and do some serious creative stuff and maybe a bit of baking, after all isn't that what W.I. ladies do? Bring on the jam pots, I'm feeling fruity :)


2 comments:

  1. Belated birthday wishes! Glad the dog situation's less stressful, love that you bought a Pot Noodle for Valentine's Day, sure beats a lame bunch of garage flowers! That goth doll's brilliant! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ta for that it's much appreciated. I thought 58p for a Pot Noodle was pushing the extent of my love for a man. Can't wait to finish the doll. Doing the face fills me with dread

      Delete