Friday 1 February 2013

The Cost of Happiness? - £8.50

You can't buy happiness so people would have you believe but I'm afraid I have to disagree. It can indeed be purchased and for the grand total of £8.50! That is how much the wool cost me for the Rainbow blanket - the one project that's really managed to lift my spirits in the 2 weeks I've been working on it. In the 18 months since I taught myself the basics of crochet thanks to a book and a bloke doing a tutorial on You Tube, I have hooked 4 huge blankets made up of 70 - 80 squares. I kept the first, 1 ended up cut to ribbons which nearly broke me, and the other 2 were gifts for special people. Then came 3 continuous square blankets and several cushions which are still lurking in the UFO cupboard of doom. Yet this latest creation for my friends wacky 3 yr old who I adore loads (quite a feat considering I usually loathe children) has been my favourite and I think I may have to do a few more inbetween less inspiring projects just to bring a bit of sunshine to the day. This one is heading to Brighton on Sunday which seems quite apt really

It's all been a bit of a Frill !!


I'm not one of these bloggers who has Ta-dah moments or professes to pee sparkly glitter. By most crocheters standards this isn't perfect but I'm well chuffed with it and it makes me downright bloody happy and I hope it has the same effect on its recipient.

2 comments:

  1. Well done - it looks good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. The centre squares have started to twist a bit but as my Mum would say ' a blind man would be glad to see it' :)

      Delete