Thursday 13 December 2012

Lists, Lists and More Lists!

I've decided that this is a fraught time of year if you're the type of person who 'makes stuff'. I was up until 1.30am working on the '50 shades of grey' granny blanket which I have vowed to finish before Xmas as it's a present for a rather fabulous person. Add to that the stockings I still have to complete - Boyfriend and the 2 dogs have 1 each, I don't have time to do myself one so I'm having to make do with the pet shop bought dog/cat stocking that belonged to my 3 Ninja's! How wrong is that. As if there weren't enough hours in the day, too much time has been wasted doing mundane tasks and domestic crap so I haven't even touched a crochet hook today. I should be thankful that I couldn't be a guest at tonight's WI meeting in the village hall as it's their Xmas do as my creativity would be well buggered fitting that in. So it could be another late night tonight with me huddled under my daylight lamp with the much despised reading glasses perched on my nose, crochet spread across my lap and copious amounts of tea being consumed. As if that wasn't bad enough I've decided to do a load of baking as extra presents - I blame the Hairy Bikers as their Christmas programmes this week have given me stupid ideas. I already planned to make a lemon drizzle  cake on Xmas Eve for someone but now in my infinite wisdom have added Florentines and possibly Xmas pudding vodka to that list!!! The wall is covered in Post-its reminding me of the tasks ahead, there are reminders on my phone and my trusty notebook that I carry everywhere (and hyperventilate if I forget it) is crammed with lists and day to day reminders of 'to do's' and 'to make's'. I could say I need a holiday but my mind doesn't work that way. I've decided I need chickens - much to the BF's amusement. Our landlord has been understanding enough to allow the dogs (and me if we're honest) but I think he may draw the line at my longing for a couple of Pekin Bantams. It's my maternal streak raising its stupid head but only for furbabies. I long for the days when I used to share my sofa with Naboo my much loved hen. The days of having a pet who drank tea and laid her eggs on the armchair are just a long lost dream. I'll just have to make do with growing veggies in pots on the patio. That's another thing to add to the dratted lists.
                                                 Timmy clearly overwhelmed by my talents

No comments:

Post a Comment