Sunday 23 December 2012

No More Bah Humbug

All the presents are wrapped (well mine are) - lack of family means I only buy for a few people, 1 cat and my 2 dogs - so I am ready for my 1st proper Christmas since 2001. For the first time in 11 years I will not be spending the 25th on my own with naff all under the tree and eating whatever I fancy (usually cheese on toast). I visited the van this morning to collect a few bits and to reminisce and wish It a merry Xmas - yes I do 'do' talking to inanimate objects especially my much beloved vehicles and I don't care who knows it. I'm having a well deserved break from wielding a crochet hook or from sewing anything festive. There's a lemon drizzle cake in the oven  and I am counting down to a proper lush roast dinner on Tuesday and the gluten free pud I made which I will covet like a woman possessed. I was hoping to avoid the sheer mental state that is Xmas Eve shopping but like a twit I need 'freak from' bread so have to run the gauntlet that is Waitrose tomorrow. I swear that next year I am saving up for a bread machine so I no longer have this faff of hunting down a decent gluten free loaf nor the (dis)pleasure of forking out nearly £3 a time for something the size of a rats suitcase.


1 comment: