Friday 28 December 2012

I Resolve

So the bloody festive season is just about over and the whole country has gone yampy at the sales - sometimes being broke has its advantages. Not being one to treat New Year as an excuse to stick my tongue down strange blokes throats I'm sitting here being bombarded by trashy TV and trying to get my creative mojo up and running. I'm making a list - not resolutions as such, I think of them more as goals. There's the usual 'eat healthier' and 'get more exercise' - I aim to do a lot of walking. Top of my list is to sell my motorhome - I need a normal life and the van needs to be used and loved; buy a bread machine and make my own gluten free loaves rather than waste time trying to track down something more elusive than the hold grail and nearly as expensive; learn 1 or 2 new crafts to broaden my horizons and maybe make a bit of money on the side; do some meaningful voluntary work; bugger off abroad - Belgium and America feature highly on my list as the lure of chocolate, beer and Disneyland is very, very strong!


Right, back to the Da Vinci Code and my tin of Heroes. If this albino monk wants to inflict so much pain on himself then why doesn't he just shove the crucifix up his arse and be done with it instead of resorting to whips and chains? I'll never understand religion.

2 comments:

  1. Hiya, what a coincidence, I watched the Davinci Code last night (with peanuts though not chocolates) after sleeping through most of it last time we set out to watch it. How is the job going? It seems you have settled into a more fixed lifestyle now, but could you not the motorhome for your travelling/holiday times? Before we 'took to the road' permanently in ours we tried to go away as often as we could on weekends etc, but I do remember how expensive it was, so maybe that is not an option. Best wishes for your 2013, hope you get that breadmaker as I know you have been after one for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm job hunting like a woman possessed after my last temp position ended in November - hoping for better luck in the New Year. Had the van 3 years now and lived in it and travelled for just over 2 so I think I've had my crack at it. When I add up the cost of storage + MOT, tax and Insurance it's just not worth keeping such a big van for what would only be a few weekends away a year so I figure someone else deserves to enjoy it and I maybe consider a tiny camper van or (heaven forbid) a tent!!

    ReplyDelete