Friday 18 January 2013

Ice Station Yorkshire Terrier

Every now and again I do something sensible, these moments are rare but I'm usually grateful that my brain cells kicked in for once. With the 'severe weather' warnings being rammed down our throats I re-arranged Timmy's Vet appointment from 4pm to 9.20 which proved to be a sensible decision as by the time me and Grumpy Pants returned home at 10am (flippin Vet insisted on examining him and nearly lost fingers in the process) the roads into the village were about an inch deep in snow. I don't expect to see tarmac for a week as we get very little through traffic and the council gritters don't appear to think we exist. Timmy has to lose 0.9kg to take the pressure off his joints so we're both going on a diet. Of course that was before I made a tray of flapjacks and a vat of soup in case we get snowed in.
In a fit of lunacy I decided to take a walk around the village in the 'blizzard' so I could take some photos - people in Florida rely on me you know to prove that the seasons do still exist. Several people spoke to me in passing - obviously a woman dressed in 6 layers, walking against the snow brandishing a camera is an every day occurrence! I love village life. You can be batty as a fruit cake and no one gives a toss. Marvellous.

Thank gawd for Barbour wellies

There's a road under that lot somewhere


Will you get inside you arthritic old fart!
I have no excuse now not to tackle my ever growing pile of crochet. Better get cracking.

No comments:

Post a Comment