Wednesday 30 January 2013

Around the Houses

Now that the snow has finally buggered off from underfoot I managed to make it to my very 1st Wednesday Club at the village parish hall. I recognised several faces from the WI and yet again I was the youngest there by a long shot. Some ladies just turn up for a cuppa and a chat but the majority of us had crafts on the go. It was a hoot. The lady making the tea and coffee was a very sprightly 90! and I was filled in on the local gossip most of which I had the general gist of from the local 5 Parishes Newsletter but it's always good to get the 'man on the street' opinion on such matters. Life was never this interesting living in bloomin Nuneaton I can tell you. My rainbow blanket - which is nearing completion and heading to Brighton on Sunday, received a lot of admiration. I've decided that the next hooky project should be for me (despite the ever growing pile of UFO's that I should really finish off), so I bombed off to my fave wool shop and parted with the remainder of my Xmas money and got this lot


Do I know what I'm doing with it? No not really though I have a vague idea which could change as fast as the weather to be honest. Wool is my drug and it soothes me just having bags of the stuff in the house. A friend of a friend sent me a rather barmy You Tube  link via Facebook of a very young (but still miserable looking) Eric Clapton back in the 70's wearing a very fetching granny square cardigan! Now that is something I will have to make for myself and I've already done a bit of googling for patterns. I am the child who had a knitting/sewing/crocheting mad mother so I was raised wearing this stuff and now for once it's actually trendy so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment