Sunday 20 January 2013

On The Buses

Living in a small 'remote' village you do see some strange sights but as a lot of them are part and parcel of the community so you just brush it off as one of those things. Today we're getting our 2nd blast of snow and plenty of it so again it looked like my plans to rev up the manky Fiesta and head over to collect some stuff from the van would be scuppered (I've sold motorhome stuff on ebay and stupidly don't want to let people down with late postage). I took one very, very eager Yorkie out for a bit of a slip and a slide in the white stuff only to be slightly shocked and a wee bit surprised on our return to see a bloody great big double decker bus turning into and sliding down our lane - heading straight for my car!!! Now I tend to think I have a fair bit of common sense and it peeves me greatly that other people can't be arsed to possess any so I'm not sure who I was the most pissed off at - the idiots who owned the 'playbus' or the silly bloody 'Yummy Mummy' who lives opposite who had insisted they turn up for her offspring's birthday. You can imagine my delight when the cheeky cow asked me to move my car so the bus could park up (these people never speak) - despite my protests that it had a flat tyre and didn't start it ended up parked on their drive for the duration. I must be getting soft in my old age. It was laughable watching some dumb blonde woman shrieking that she had no control of the bus while the organiser yelled back that the back wheels were moving fine - he should have had our vantage point cos we could see the front wheels were locked up and sliding everywhere. I guess some people will do anything for money these days. The best bit is that the damn thing is now stuck at the other end of the lane as it can't get enough grip to get out and up to the nearest thing we have to a main road. These people are our future - we're all doomed.

P.S. I did get to the van and back and the roads were dodgy enough in a small car

This is our lane and that is my car...


..so would you try to drive one of these down it if you were of a pathetic disposition?

No comments:

Post a Comment